- Release Date March, 2018
- SIM Type: Single SIM (Nano-SIM, Hybrid Dual SIM, (Nano-SIM dual stand-by)
- Display 6.2 inches Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Resolution 1440 x 2960 pixels
- Android v8.0 (Oreo)
- Processor Octa-core (4×2.8 GHz Mongoose and 4×1.7 GHz-A55) EMEA, Octa-core (4×2.7 GHz Kryo 385 Gold and 4×1.7 GHz Kryo 385 Silver) USA and China
- Memory 64/128/256 GB, 6 GB RAM
- Camera Dual 12 MP + 12 MP/ 8 MP
- Non-removable Li-Ion 3500 mAh battery
- Colors Midnight Black, Coral Blue, Titanium Gray and Lilac Purple.
Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus
The Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus full specifications
Samsung Galaxy S9+
This is an upgraded version from the Samsung Galaxy S9 with a higher battery capacity and larger display diagonal with an extra back camera.
The S9’s dual-aperture wide-angle shooter makes for the first dual camera on a Galaxy S phone when you add Note’s tele camera to it.
The fingerprint reader has been moved under the cameras, along the central axis of the phone.
A mandatory chip update sees the S9+ packing the latest Snapdragon 845 in the US and China and the Exynos 9810 elsewhere.
The charger charger is rated at 9V/1.67A and 5V/2A.
An AKG branded headset with braided cables and several extra sets of tips completes the retail package.
Design and Spin
S9 comes with a new design frame polished and shiny with a fraction of a millimeter.
The buttons are larger; both longer and thicker which is favourable to use.
It has a higher-strength aluminum and thicker glass for durability weighing 189g – 16g more than the S8+ and just 6g short of the Note8.
The earpiece doubles as a second speaker, taking care of the mids and highs for the right channel when in portrait. It switches between left and right channels in landscape depending on orientation.
The bottom-firing speaker is a single opening, with a mesh for protection against the elements.
Samsung Galaxy S9+ specs
Aluminum frame, Gorilla Glass 5 front and back; IP68 certified for water and dust resistance. Midnight Black, Coral Blue, Titanium Gray, Lilac Purple color schemes.
6.2″ Super AMOLED ‘Infinity Display’, 2,960x1440px resolution, 18.5:9 (2.06:1) aspect ratio, 529ppi; HDR10 compliant (no Dolby Vision).
Primary 12MP, Type 1/2.55″ sensor, f/1.5-2.4 aperture, 26mm equiv. focal length, dual pixel PDAF, OIS; Secondary 12MP, Type 1/3.4″ sensor, f/2.4 aperture, 52mm equiv. focal length, autofocus, OIS; 2x zoom. 2160p/60fps, 1080p/240fps slow motion, 720p/960fps super slow motion video recording.
8MP, f/1.7 aperture, autofocus; 1440p/30fps video recording.
Android 8.0 Oreo; Samsung Experience 9.0; Bixby virtual assistant; Smart Connect, Smart Connect Home
Chipsets: Qualcomm Snapdragon 845
Octa-core CPU (4×2.7GHz Kryo 385 Gold & 4×1.7GHz Kryo 385 Silver), Adreno 630 GPU.
Octa-core CPU (4x3rd-gen Mongoose 2.7GHz + 4xCortex-A55 1.8GHz), Mali-G72 MP18 GPU.
6GB of RAM; 64/128/256GB of storage; microSD slot for cards up to 400GB.
3,500mAh Li-Po (sealed); Adaptive Fast Charging (same as S7/S8); QuickCharge 2.0 support; WPC (Qi) & PMA wireless charging.
Single-SIM, Dual-SIM available in certain markets (hybrid slot); LTE-A, 4-Band/5-Band carrier aggregation, Cat.18 (1.2Gbps/150Mbps); USB Type-C (v3.1); Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac MU-MIMO; GPS, GLONASS, Beidou, Galileo; NFC; Bluetooth 5.0.
Fingerprint/iris/face recognition; stereo speakers (bottom-firing + earpiece); 3.5mm jack; bundled AKG headphones; DeX dock compatibility.
The new design frame allows for a more secure grip.
It comes with two different USB-C adapters, the cable, and the charger is black – to match the packaging – and potentially to look more ‘tech’.
Exorbitant launch price though there are people who will definitely pay for it
The summary table for Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus features
- SIM: Single (Nano-SIM) or Hybrid Dual SIM, (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Display Size: 6.2 inches
- Display Type: Super AMOLED Capacitive touchscreen , 16M colors
- Operating System: Android v8.0 (Oreo)
- Resolution: 1440 x 2960 pixels
- Processor speed: Octa-core (4×2.8 GHz Mongoose and 4×1.7 GHz-A55) EMEA, Octa-core (4×2.7 GHz Kryo 385 Gold and 4×1.7 GHz Kryo 385 Silver) USA and China
- Memory: 64/128/256 GB, 6 GB RAM
- Camera: Dual 12 MP + 12 MP/ 8 MP
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Ion 3500 mAh battery
- Fingerprint: -Yes rear mounted
- Colors: Midnight Black, Coral Blue, Titanium Gray and Lilac Purple
This details might not be 100% accurate for more about the phone click here.
Links For Best Selling Samsung Galaxy Phones
- Samsung Galaxy A6+ Price In Kenya
- Samsung Galaxy A40 In Kenya
- Galaxy A30 Price in Kenya
- Samsung Galaxy A50 Price in Kenya
- Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 512GB Price In Kenya
- Galaxy S10 Plus 128GB Price In Kenya
- Samsung Galaxy S10e Price in Kenya
- Samsung Galaxy S10 Price In Kenya
- Galaxy M20 Price in Kenya
- Samsung Galaxy M10 Price in Kenya
- Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime 2 Price in Kenya
- Galaxy J8 Price In Kenya
- Samsung Galaxy J2 Core
- Samsung Galaxy J7 Duo Price
- Galaxy Note 9
- Samsung Galaxy J6 Plus
- Samsung Galaxy J4 Plus price in Kenya
- Galaxy J4 Core
- Samsung Galaxy A7 2018 Price
- Samsung Galaxy A9 2018
- Galaxy S9 Plus
- Samsung Galaxy S9
- Samsung Galaxy A8+ price in Kenya
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.